Thursday, October 27, 2011

Client Attorney Privilege Pesto

Sometimes you really have to laugh at the turns life takes.  You can either do that or cry or get upset and throw a tantrum.  It turns out that I prefer to laugh.  One of the moments that helped to bring me to that realization was when I decided to make pesto last summer for the first time in awhile.  I knew I had a trust worthy recipe that a previous friend had given me, but I didn't want to use it because this previous friend was now my ex-husbands attorney.  "Bleh," I thought.  "Do I really have to make her pesto recipe?!?!"  I wasn't going to, but then I realized, it's good pesto.  Why cut off my nose just because it came from some attorney who happens to represent my ex-husband and who used to be a friend?  So, I ended up giggling about the absurdity of it all and made the pesto.  It was damn fine pesto.  I recently made another batch of it with my end of summer basil harvest.  And with that, I bring you Client Attorney Privilege Pesto.

Ingredients:
3 packed cups of fresh basil
2 large cloves of garlic
1/2 cup of pine nuts
3/4 cup grated Parmesan
1/2 cup of olive oil
1/4 cup of melted butter
salt to taste


Dump all of the ingredients into your blender.


And blend!


I ended up mixing mine with pasta and shrimp to make a quick and easy dinner.  And, I was planning to show you a fabulous picture of that, but I was so hungry and it was so good, I gobbled it down before snapping a picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment