Sunday, October 16, 2011

No Fear - Figuring it Out

I have thought about starting a blog over the past year probably thousands of times, but I haven't actually done anything about it until this past week.  Why is that?  Not only have I thought about starting a blog, but I have wondered why it has taken me so darn long to do it.  Bottom line......fear. 

I have been fearful to put my problems out there for, literally, everyone to see.  I have feared what people might think about me if they knew that I have had lots of problems in the past couple of years in my life and have had to seek lots of help to sort through them. 

Well Jenny, time to get over it.  Lots of people have problems and lots of people need help and inspiration while going through their own issues.  Maybe I have something to offer to help people or to shine a little light in there day if they need.  But, what if I don't?  Ah, there is that fear coming back into play a little bit.  Suck it, fear!

Over the past year I have gotten sober with the help of the wonderful people in the rooms of AA.  One of the things I have learned in those rooms is that it takes action in order to face fears and move forward.  I look at actually starting Happy Sober Mama as taking action in order to get on with things.  Conquering fear is an ongoing thing for me, but I feel like I am making my way into figuring out how to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment